Monday, February 15, 2016

Entrevistas, getting chilly

Me and one of my converts that got baptized in December. 
He is going to Guatemala today for a job training the church is doing.
Familia y amigos,

There’s not too much new to tell you guys, I feel like my emails are all the same and not too much happens every week but ill try to spice them up here. It has been a little cold here lately, I don’t know if you all remember but in my training it would get cold at night.  It is the same here, it feels really good but we don’t usually have to sleep with fans which is nice, I usually turn it on though because it puts me to sleep, can’t sleep without one.

Tuesday we had interviews with President.  We got to the chapel to find out that the bishop’s office didn’t have ac.... That was not good at all so we had to find a way to get the place with ac.  We realized that we could do them in the salon sacramental, but we only had some dumb church tables that weren’t going to look very good.  We saw that in a room there was a good desk that we could use, but the door was locked.  Turns out the room was the stake patriarch’s office, so we went to call the stake patriarch.... but there isn’t one.  So we ran around found the key and everything ended up being ok. hahah great start.  The interviews lasted all day and were super long, so that was kind of tiring.  I went around and inspected all of the houses and everyone in the zone passed :)

Wednesday we had divisions in our area.  The church has changed things up and now the missionaries will be coming to our area to do divisions, see how we work and then apply it in their areas.  Well me and Elder Wagstaff planned it out to be a super great day and it was like the worst day ever, every single one of the citas (appointments) we had fell so it turned into a day of contacting.  We didn’t find a lot of the people in the end but at least the sisters that came and worked with me and Elder Wagstaff could see how to recover the worst day ever.  Funny story, we were contacting and trying to put a baptismal date with this lady who was like 40.  Her mom walked in and saw us and you could tell by the things that they had in their house that they were Catholic.  We kept teaching, but the lady got scared.  The mom walked over and walked through us and turned on the tv, and switched the channel to a catholic mass.  My companion lost it and was trying to hide his laughter but it was impossible.  hahah we ended up leaving because nothing was going to happen.  I also saw one of my first converts here in San Marcos. He drove by and shouted out to me, I went over and we talked for a minute, that was cool!

Thursday to Friday not much happened.  I went to Diriamba on Friday for the district meeting and it was normal.  The zone is struggling a little bit right now baptism wise but we are trying to get all we can out.

Saturday was the usual commit people to church, we were knocking doors again and we found a little gift from God, it was a less active member (turns out she is the daughter in law of the second counselor in the Bishopric from my first area in the mission) and she has a son that is 11 and isn’t baptized.  She also gave us a reference to teach her sister in law so we are going to teach them together!  The kid came to church on Sunday which was great.

Sunday was also normal.  It was Valentine’s day and here in Centroamerica they have something called Dia de Amistad y Amor but they don’t really do anything.  Thanks to granny and grandpa for the awesome package, I loved it!  Also thanks Lily for the drawings, they were great.  I hope that you all have a great week, I love you lots!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment