Monday, April 6, 2015

Out Here in Bluefields for Another Change!

Elder Passey and me


Familia y amigos,

What is going on?  I hope all of you had a great Easter Sunday, enjoyed General Conference, and each had personal revelation in ways that you could improve in your lives.  Anyway, let me tell you a little bit about what happened this week.

So on Tuesday we got the call for cambios (changes/transfers) and only Elder Naisbitt was going.  We weren’t really expecting it because, like I have been saying, Bluefields is like a 6 month sentence and it doesn’t happen too often that someone is only here for 1 change.  We got him all ready to leave and sent him off in the panga at 3 pm. I didn’t have a companion so I worked with a member the rest of the day.

I ended up having to work with a member for the rest of the week, which was a little hard.  On Wednesday we got the call about who all was coming and everything.  I am finishing the training of an Elder here named Elder Passey.  He is from Washington and was in Masaya with the Zone Leaders there for the first part of his training.  I am the new District Leader here, which just means a little bit more responsibility and more things I need to do.  Elder Passey got stuck in Juigalpa. Because of Semana Santa (Holy Week) there were no busses or pangas so he got here about halfway through the afternoon session of Conference on Saturday.

Nothing really happened here as far as the work goes because of Semana Santa; it was super dead here.  Everyone went to Corn Island or Bluff to go to the beach so nothing really cool or awesome happened.

Crazy story this week, that family that was supposed to get baptized is probably not ever getting baptized.  One of the members here is family with the Father of the family.  He was asking me about why he didn’t get baptized and everything and I told him what had happened.  He told me that he was really surprised when he heard the family was going to get baptized in the first place, because the father had just gotten out of prison and is a drug dealer.  Looks like I won’t be going back there! hahahah.

Conference was super awesome.  We were blessed to be able to go to every session because we brought the people we needed to.  President Russell asked that we each bring 4 people to Conference, so we were able to find enough people to watch it.  In a couple of cases I just grabbed people off the street so I could watch it.  We ended up getting 19 people to come to Conference!  I really liked the Saturday afternoon session in particular, it was really good.  One of my favorite talks was from Dale G. Renlund, especially one of the things he said.  He said we should evaluate our lives, repent, and keep on trying.  While we may have struggles and difficulties in this life, but if we evaluate our situations, repent (repenting isn’t a bad thing), and keep trying, the Lord will always bless us.  I would encourage everyone to go and do the Personal Interview that M. Russell Ballard did in priesthood session, evaluate this, then repent, and keep trying.  This will help us all to grow spiritually in this life.

I love you all and hope you all have a great week,


Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment