Monday, April 27, 2015

It's Only Getting Hotter...






Familia y Amigos,

How is everyone doing?  This week was a pretty good week, we got a lot of things done here in Bluefields and had a nice visit from President Russell.  I will tell you about it all.

This week though it has been super hot, I have literally been sweating so much here.  Supposedly this is just how the weather is this time of year.  It is super duper hot until like the end of May when the rain comes and cools everything down.  The people here are kind of suffering because everyone relies on their posos (wells) for water.  Every time around this year it gets super hot so the wells dry out.  It has kind of been a problem here, so I just hope the well we have doesn’t dry out!

This week we were blessed enough to have 2 baptisms here.  Their names are Kevin and Sheneidy.  Everything went really smooth, so that was nice.  We prepared them well, they passed their interviews, got baptized and confirmed without a problem. They were both references from members, so I decided to see how many of the baptisms I have had were references from members.  Turns out that every baptism that I have had has been a reference.  It made me realize the importance of working with members, and how you can't be a successful missionary if you just work on your own, you have to work with the members.

We should have baptisms this week but we will see what happens there.  Our investigator pool has grown and is all right now.  Things are going good training and I’m learning a lot.   

President Russell also came this weekend to make a visit here in Bluefields and to interview us.  He got to see the 2 confirmations that we had which was cool, and the interview went really well.  He told me I was doing a good job here, which made me feel good. I need to keep working hard, being bold, and with obedience I know that the Lord will continue blessing me here.  Things are going pretty well, and although we continue to have trials, things always work out. I’m grateful for all of the things I have learned here on the mission, and I am going to keep working hard here.

I hope you all have a wonderful week! I love you all!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment