Monday, June 27, 2016

LA SUPER U!


William!
Familia y Amigos,

How is it going?  I hope that all of you were able to have a good week, this one was pretty chill for me.

Tuesday was a pretty regular day. We spent some of the day visiting the investigators with some members so that they could get a little more comfortable with the church.  At like 5:15 my comp sent me a text saying that at 6 we had a meeting with President Russell and the Stake President, but I didn’t see the text.  At like 5:45 I pulled out my phone and saw it, we had to run back to the house, change into my suit and luckily we made it there on time.  The meeting went well, we talked about how things are going in the zone and the stake.

Wednesday we had Consejo de Lideres, and it was at the chapel in San Juan instead of the mission home.  It went well, President bore his testimony (probably the last one) and it was a good meeting.  Things were kind of weird because I have been used to seeing the same people there for the past year.  There are a lot of new Zone Leaders so it was interesting.  I sat by Elder Nave and we had a good time.

Thursday was another normal day, not much happened.  We got everything ready for our baptism that was on Friday.

So Friday we had a baptism, he is the little brother of a recent convert that got baptized a year ago.  When she got baptized he didn’t want to get baptized so we were able to teach him and he has been doing awesome!  His mom is a member too, we are working on activating her and the whole family.  Before the baptism in the morning we had Zone Conference.  It was a good meeting and we were able to get everyone animated.  July is another 5 week month so they are expecting a lot.  We are hoping to break what we did in May, so it is going to be a lot of work.  We have already started getting to know everyone’s investigators.

Saturday like nobody was home, so it was a pretty long day, not much happened.  On Sunday our baptism was able to get confirmed, and we had a couple of people show up.  We have some cool investigators, but we are just teaching the commandments, so pray that they can be willing to live them! Also, a good friend from Bluefields, William, was in town so I got to see him and take a pic.  He just got his mission call, he is going to South Africa.  He is the first Nicaragüense to ever go to Africa.

This morning we woke up early and went on an awesome hike to watch the sunrise, I have some pics here that I´ll send.  This week should be a good one, the new mission president should be here, so it will be interesting. I’m going to miss President Russell!

Love you all,

Elder Hanson

Baptism
Our hike this morning



No comments:

Post a Comment