Monday, April 4, 2016

Conference Weekend #4

Familia y Amigos,

How are you all doing?  I hope all of you had a great weekend listening to conference and were able to receive some type of personal revelation.  I was able to go to the majority of conference and we had a good number of people that came which was awesome. This week flew by so here’s what happened.

Monday night we taught a family that we have the word of wisdom.  The guy in the family told us that he smokes like a pack a day which was kind of a downer but he told us that he had a goal to quit smoking by the end of the month, which was that week.  He has really cut down on smoking so pray for him so that he and his wife can be baptized!

On Tuesday we had consejo (leadership conference), that was alright I woke up and realized that I was probably going to have a kidney stone again so that wasn’t too fun.  It ended up being true but whatever! We presented our presentation and everything went well, we had a pretty good month last month in the area so I was happy about that. It was good to see all of the friends as usual and it was a good consejo.

Wednesday and Thursday we just worked in the area, we have a couple of cool people that we area teaching that have been progressing well so that was good.  We are setting things up for the end of this month and for the next one as well.  We should have some success, which is always great.

Friday I went to Diriamba and animated some of the people they are teaching, and got to know them.  They are progressing well and this month they should have a good month too.  We also tried to get everyone committed to conference the next day.

Saturday and Sunday were conference.  Like I said we had a really good turn out and I was glad we were able to listen to what we did.  I listened in Spanish and I didn’t get the most out of it so I am downloading the talks right now, but some of the speakers I really enjoyed were Elder Holland, Elder Oaks, and Elder Uchtdorf’s talk in the Sunday morning session. As well as Elder Christensen’s talk. That was a good one too.

This week we have stake conference and it will be my 3rd time here in Estaca Jinotepe, which means that in my mission I have only missed one of them.  I love Estaca Jinotepe, it is the greatest. I hope you all have a great week, love you lots!

Elder Hanson
no pics this week, sorry!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment