Monday, April 18, 2016

Good bye San Marcos

Familia y Amigos,

Well I’m going to make this a short one because I want to go and say bye to some people here.  Changes are tomorrow (just this time) and I just found out that I will be leaving San Marcos.  It has been super awesome here, I love this city and the people, the ward the members and everything and I am going to miss it a ton.... but oh well!

This week was cool, we saw a couple of miracles.  One of the ones we saw was with this family we are teaching. We have been fighting with them for 2 weeks and trying to get them married.  One of the days this week I said a specific prayer and was praying all day long that we could find a way to do it.  We showed up to the house and the husband wasn’t there, but the wife was.  I felt like we should ask her a question.  I asked her simply what was stopping her from being married.  She said "I don’t want to get married in front of everyone Sunday, I don’t like a lot of people!" hahahah! It was awesome that we could finally find out why.  She committed to being baptized as well so I’m not going to get to see it but I’m sure I will see pictures. The husband of her also has a fecha (baptismal date) for the 7th of May.

Another cool thing, don’t know if I have told you this, but the Maria lady we baptized back in March (the 19th) is super awesome.  She has 9 kids and we are teaching 6 of the 9, each of them have their pareja (spouse) and kids, it is dope.  We are teaching one of her sons and he has been progressing really well. He has a fecha with his son, and his cuñada (mother-in-law) for the 30th of April. For the 30th we also have a family of 2 that is progressing really well, the husband stopped smoking and we are praying that he stops for good.

I’m leaving some really awesome people here and a lot of baptisms so I hope they are all able to reach their goals and stay active. That’s all I really got, I’m excited for this next area (probably will be my last :( ). It has been super awesome to see this zone start having success, and I am definitely going to miss it! I love you all! have a great week!!!

Elder Hanson
last time with distrito diriamba


No comments:

Post a Comment