Monday, December 14, 2015

San Marcos, Carazo


Elder Kendrick and Elder Hanson
Familia y Amigos,

How are you all doing?  Well turns out that I had changes, and I am currently in San Marcos, Carazo.  I am still a Zone Leader here, and I am loving the area so far.

Carazo is the coldest part of the mission, it is like an hour and a half from Managua and in my zone there is Diriamba, Masatepe, La Concha, San Rafael Del Sur, and my Area as well.  I have a lot of people that I know here in the zone, Elder Nave is my DL in Masatepe and Elder Collado is my DL in San Rafael del Sur. I am excited to be here, and have already had a super fun time.

We got changes on Tuesday, so that night I packed up, didn’t really sleep and I enjoyed my last long bus ride from Juigalpa to Managua. I was kind of sad to leave Juigalpa because I had some awesome companions there, but I was glad to get out of the area.  We got to Managua and found out that my new ZL comp is Elder Henriquez from El Salvador.  This is his last change so I will be "killing him." My companion is Elder Kendrick from El Paso, Texas.  He has like 5 months on the mission.  When I got to the area we just got to work, found a couple of cool people and I got to know the bishop, the counselors and everyone.  It is a ward here.

On Thursday I headed out to San Rafael Del Sur.  This is the second change that missionaries have been there and they are starting up the church for the first time.  Every Sunday they go on a bus for 45 minutes to get to the church in Diriamba with their investigators.  It was awesome working with Elder Collado, and I got to visit their possibilities.  I slept the night there, woke up and then went straight to Diriamba for the Reunion de Distrito.  That went alright, and then we worked the rest of Friday in our area.  

We found a super cool lady on Friday.  We needed a menos activo (less active) lesson and we visited a member to see if he knew any.  He told us that one lived next to him and the other side too, but that none of them were home.  We decided to contact the house right in front of his, and we were surprised to find a less active who hadn’t been to church in over 20 years.  We talked to her and her kids, one of them was super positive and accepted a baptismal date, and they both came with us on Sunday.  That was pretty cool and a testimony builder that the Lord has people prepared here for me.

Here this weekend it was also stake conference in Jinotepe :). So on Saturday we had to go to the priesthood session.  I got to see one of the converts I baptized last year there, Herty. I don’t know if you guys remember but he was a miracle baptism that just showed up to church one Sunday all prepared.  My zone and Zona Jinotepe are part of the same stake so I was super stoked when I found out.  He told me and Elder Collado that he was going to the temple at the end of this week, which was super awesome.  I forgot how much I loved Jinotepe, and the people there.  San Marcos is a little similar so I felt at home when I got here.

On Sunday I also got to see some converts, Hna Ana Hernandez who was also a great baptism, it was super hard to get her in the water. She is active with her RM daughter which is cool.

Overall it was a really good week, I’m excited to be here to work.  I love the weather because it is cold compared to Juigalpa!  

Thanks for all you do, love you lots,


Elder Hanson

Elder Collado and Elder Hanson


2 comments:

  1. He looks great! Elder Collado trained Elder Merrill, he loves him! Glad he gets to be a little cooler for a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elder Collado was Elder Hanson's trainer as well! Maybe that is why our boys are such hard working missionaries. They were both trained by the best!

      Delete