Monday, December 28, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!


Christmas gifts

 Familia y Amigos,

Wow this week went by super fast and was crazy.  I hope that all of you enjoyed your Christmas, mine was pretty fun!  It was the last one here in Nicaragua so I definitely wanted to enjoy it. I’ll let you know what went down this week.

On Tuesday we just worked, visited our possibility for Saturday and got him interviewed.  He is 9 and told Elder Nave that a prophet is a revelator..... kid knows a lot.  He was super prepared by the Lord because I only taught him like 2 times.  His family is super awesome and they just wanted him to get in the water.  There were no problems with him.  We interviewed the other possibility I had and she was alright, she had a problem with the law of chastity and said she had left her partner, but was saying she wasn’t ready.  She decided she wanted to do it but  I didn’t really think it was going to happen.  It wasn’t a lack of faith, she just hadn’t really been to church in a while.

Wednesday was crazy, I had to go to Masatepe to rescatar (rescue) a baptism.  They were saying they couldn’t do it on Saturday so we committed them for Friday.  They said yes.  They were super excited and everything so the rest of the day we just got ready for the multizona (multi zone Christmas conference).

On Thursday we had the multizona navideña.  I felt like I was back in Juigalpa, we had to wake up super early and go and pick everyone up.  It wouldn’t have been so early if we hadn’t had to go to San Rafael del Sur to get Elder Collado and his district but whatever.  We left at 3am and got back at like 10pm.   It was super awesome, there were some good messages, we played some games, had a white elephant, and they gave each of the houses a microwave.  That will be nice to have.  I wasn’t in charge of anything so I got to enjoy the whole thing.  It was really nice.  I didn’t see a ton of the missionaries I am friends with, but I saw a couple which was good as well.  We took pictures there and then got out of there.  I got home and crashed.  The fireworks at 12 didn’t wake me up at all.

The next morning I woke up and opened some of the packages my fam had sent (special shout out to mom, dad, granny, grandpa, gran and papi, THANKS!) and then got ready for the day.  We had a district meeting so I went with Elder Nave´s district and that was fun.  After we had to find some food, our lunch cita (apt) wasn’t there, and then we tried to work a little.  Nobody wanted to talk hahaha.  We ended up having 2 dinner citas that were super good and then I talked with the fam.  It was awesome seeing them, everyone is so big now haha.  I hope everyone pasaredlo bien (had a good time)! 

Saturday we had a baptism, it went well except when he got baptized he left the water screaming.... it was not good at all. He ended up getting confirmed so it all went well!  Sunday also went well, I had some investigators come which was great.  All is well here with me, and I hope you all have a great new year.  2016, so crazy.  Love you all!!!

Elder Hanson
Baptism
White elephant gift

Elder Kleiner and I with the gift I gave.  It is a blue vase.  We have this thing here in the mission called "jargon azul", go look up the video on youtube.  You will understand.  It is just like give all you possibly can to achieve the task.

Click here to watch the "El Jarron Azul" video

No comments:

Post a Comment