Monday, May 11, 2015

Happy Mother's Day, Cambios This Week





Familia y amigos,

I hope all the mothers enjoyed Mother’s Day yesterday, it was great getting to talk to the family!  Everyone is getting so big.  I hope that everyone had a great week this week, mine went well.  We were blessed to have a baptism that went alright, and we were just working with the investigators that we have.

Anyway this week we were just securing a baptism that we had planned.  We had to make sure he wasn’t drinking coffee, and his family is super poor so we had to give them some pinolillo (substitute for coffee, ie postum) so that he had something else to drink.  He is the son of this super cool menos activo (less active) that Elder Roney and I found, but we didn’t know that the guy had a son.  He was super stoked for baptism, so we taught him and it went well.  On Saturday we showed up for his baptism and he wasn’t home.  We had everything planned out, and of course no baptism can go smooth, Satan always has to throw in an obstacle.  He was playing Nintendo at some house where you can pay to play, so we got him, took him to the baptism, and then confirmed him on Sunday.

The other investigators we have are doing well.  The majority of them right now are having problems with the Word of Wisdom.  It isn’t like a coffee problem which is easier to get over, it is alcohol and tobacco.  If you could all please keep my investigators in your prayers that would be awesome.  If all goes well with them we will finish with a very successful month.

This week is cambios (changes), so we will see what happens here in Bluefields.  I don’t really think that I will be having changes, as my 6 month sentence isn’t up yet.  We should be getting a new Elder or Elders here, so I will let you all know what happens next week.  As usual, if you see the McDonalds charge on the card, you know I had changes.

I hope that everyone has a great week, you are all always in my prayers.  I wanted to share a scripture that I found this week that I really liked.  It is in Doctrine and Covenants 100:15, which says "Therefore, let your hearts be comforted; for all things shall work together for good to them that walk uprightly, and to the sanctification of the church."  I know that if we all do our part and we walk uprightly, doing the things that we are supposed to, everything will work out fine.  I love you all, have a great week!

Elder Hanson



Look what I found!



No comments:

Post a Comment