Monday, March 2, 2015

Another Trip to Managua and 6 Months in the Mission!

Our Baptism This Week
Familia y Amigos,

How is everyone doing?  I hope all is going well back in the 801.  Things are going great here.  I can’t believe that it is already March, time is flying by this year! Not much really happened this week because of a trip we had to go on, but things are going well.

On Tuesday and Wednesday we just taught all of our investigators.  We have a lot of people that could get baptized this month of March so we are working hard trying to get all of them to the waters of baptism.  We were teaching a couple the lessons, one of our super dope families,  they didn’t want to get married.  We had this lesson of just straight macheting (chastising) the guy because he is menos activo and all his wife wants is to get married and baptized.  They came to a decision and told us the next day they wanted to get married which is awesome!

On Thursday we had to go to Managua to get our residency status here in Nicaragua taken care of, I only had a 90 day visa here in the country. Everyone else in my CCM group got their cedulas (government ID cards) the first week after their training, but since I was here in Bluefields I couldn’t go.  We got on the panga (ferry boat) at 9 am and went to Rama.  This time instead of going to Juigalpa we took a bus straight to Managua.  Let me tell, you that was horrible!  It is like 180 miles, so if you drove 60 mph it would only be like a 3 hour trip.  Anyway, the bus ride was like 7 hours, which was terrible.  We worked in an area there in Managua for the night and then slept in the office house.  I got to take the first hot shower I’ve had since being here in Nicaragua.  We also got to eat at McDonald’s.  That was pretty great!  I got to hang out with Collado and Elder Merill for a little there, too.

On Friday morning we got out the cedulas (government IDs) taken care of, which took like 30 minutes, and then hopped on the bus to Juigalpa to stay the night there.  We worked in that area for the night, then caught the bus at 4:30 am to Rama, and then the panga to Bluefields.  A wonderful trip.

We got back at like noon and had a baptism planned for 2 pm. So we went and got the investigator who was just there waiting for us and took her to the church.  She was super awesome and everything went smooth with that.  Sunday we got 9 investigators to church, which was a huge blessing considering we didn’t work in the area for 2 days.  Other than that we've just been working hard with the people we got!

I hit my 6 month mark tomorrow, which is crazy.  I don’t even feel like I have been here for that long, seems like just yesterday I was getting here to Nicaragua.

This email wasn’t too great because nothing much happened this week, but I hope all of you have a great next week.  Ill talk to you all soon and I love you all!

Elder Hanson

This is a stick of bananas we bought.  They were super delicious once they ripened up.  They were only 60 Cordobas, which is like a little over 2 dollars for over 100 bananas.

I bought some nice leather scripture covers

No comments:

Post a Comment