Monday, February 23, 2015

Another Change in Bluefields and Miracle Baptisms.

Elder Roney Leaving Bluefields

Familia y Amigos,

How is everyone doing?  I hope all is going well where ever you are.  This week was a super awesome week.  There were cambios (transfers), and we had some baptisms and it has been raining a ton so I’ll tell you a little more about it.

First of all is cambios.  On Tuesday we got the call that Elder Roney was going to have cambios, so we had to pack him up super quick and throw him on a panga (boat) to get a bus to Juigalpa in time.  They called us at like 1:00 and the last panga leaves at 3:00 so he had to pack up pretty fast.  We walked him over to the panga place, said goodbye and then got back to work.  I worked with a member for a couple hours but then he bailed so I had to go and work with Elders Soifua and Rodriguez in their area.  The next day I found a member to work with me all day, so I was just trying to lock down the two possibilities (possible baptisms) we had for Saturday.  He just kind of followed me around and didn’t really help but I was able to get the baptisms locked in.  

On Thursday I got my new companion and his name is Elder Naisbitt!  He is from Utah and went to Copper Hills High School.  He has 14 months in the mission and is the new DL here in Bluefields.  All is going really well with him.

My new companion Elder Naisbitt
After a hard week last week the Lord really blessed us this week.  I was able to see His hand in the work we were doing.  We were able to bring 10 people to church and had 2 baptisms.  The baptisms didn’t really go so smooth though.  The past 3 days it has been raining non-stop so we’ve been getting super soaked.  The investigators both live out in the middle of nowhere through roads of dirt so with the rain they all turned to straight mud.  We went early Saturday morning to get the pila (baptismal font) all filled up and then went to get the investigators.  As we got there, they told us that one of them had left early in the morning to go and visit her aunt and they had no idea where she was.  We decided to come back later because she was going to have to come back home at some point to sleep.  Long story short, we trekked through the mud in the dark without any light (I forgot the flashlight) and found them.  She wasn’t sure she wanted to get baptized.  After a while talking about her concerns, she realized she did want to be baptized.  It was a long trek back through the mud to get to the church and she was finally baptized at like 8:00 at night.

Muddy roads lead to...

...muddy pants and shoes.

It seems like lots of people have just been falling from the sky to get baptized and I know that it has been because of our hard work here.  The Lord always blesses those who do their part and they give everything to do it.  Like Elder Duncan said 2 weeks ago, ¨the Lord doesn’t require a lot, he requires everything.¨  As we continue to work we will see the blessings here in our area.

I hope everyone has a great week and I love you all!


Elder Hanson

Coconuts at an Investigator's House

No comments:

Post a Comment