Monday, February 9, 2015

Gira de Mision con (Mission Tour with) Elder Kevin R. Duncan

Thanks Granny and Grandpa! I finally got the Christmas package you sent me!


Familia y amigos!

What's up?  How are you all doing?  I hope everyone is enjoying life, and enjoying all of the blessings that we have.  This week was a pretty spiritual week, I'll let you all know what went down.

So we left on Wednesday at about 8 in the morning to get on the pongas(boats).  We took the 2 hour ponga ride to Rama, and then the 4 hour bus to Juigalpa.  We worked in divisions there, and I worked with the DL there in Juigalpa who is Elder Henriquez.  It was a good time, we just went and visited a couple of their investigators and some crazy MA (menus activo/less active) who is like anti american, thinks we are all racist.  It was great.  We had to wake up super early the next morning to get on a bus at 4 am to be in Managua at 8am for the Multizona (Multizone Conference).

So we got to Managua on time and everything, and I got to talk to a couple of my old companions, Elder Collado and Elder Hernandez, my first trainers. All is going well with both of them, and Elder Collado said to send greetings to everyone.  After we had a quick breakfast we got to listen to President Russell, Hermana Russell, and Elder Duncan, who is the area president here.

He talked about something really interesting that I think we can all use in our daily lives, just as much as I can use it here on the mission.  He talked about ¨seeing the vision of the Perfection.¨ He said that if we can envision what we want in the future, even though at times we can't see it and it seems impossible, and then we set goals, that we can achieve it.  As missionaries we need to think about what we want to achieve in each of our areas, for example a stake, a ward, whatever, and then set goals accordingly. I know in everyday life, we all have a desire of where we want to be or a desire of certain things in our life.  While we may think they are crazy, if we set goals and work it is possible.  It can be things as little as keeping the house clean or to even a career, where we want to be in 25 years.  This is going to help me a lot here in my areas, and also in my mission as a whole.

As a representative of Jesus Christ I would urge all of you to actually make a vision of the perfection.  As it says in Alma, 34:32 (I dont have english scriptures with me) ¨porque he aqui, esta vida es cuando el hombre debe prepararse para comparecer ante Dios; si, el dia de esta vida es el dia en que el hombre debe ejecutar su obra.¨  
For behold, this life is the time for men to prepare to meet God; yea, behold the day of this life is the day for men to perform their labors.” We need to be constantly making plans, spiritually and in our lives here on earth.  Sorry for the ranting, that's all I really got.

Things are going great here in Bluefields. All of our baptisms fell through last week but its all good, we’re just looking for new people!  We might have a baptism this Friday, and Elmer for next week.  We´ll see what happens.  Have a great week, I love you all!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment