Thursday, September 11, 2014

Hola from el CCM!

Family and friends,

Whats up? How is everyone doing?  Things are going pretty well here, I'll just give you a quick rundown of everything.  My flights went great and everything, no problems. I got to the CCM at like 3 after we landed, got our luggage and then drove to the CCM.  I was definitely exhausted, but luckily I didnt have any classes that night.  The first 3 days really sucked because it was straight orientation, sitting in hot auditoriums and listening to people talk.  Every missionary fell asleep because it was pretty bad.  I met my compainion and everything, his name is Elder Beher (pronounced Bee-Har) and hes pretty nice.  He's from San Diego and likes to surf, and just chill.  He's a little crazy and falls asleep a lot, but we're staring to get along so thats good.  I'm in a room with two other elders named Elder Burt (who went to lone peak) and Elder Rasmussen who is from vegas.  They are going to Oklahoma and Washington.  Its a pretty dope room and I'm having a good time.

The weather here is awesome.  It's not too humid, and its like 70 degrees all the time.  It's a little cold in the morning, but it gets warmer in the afternoon, and then about 3 it cools down and rains really hard.  It has rained most of the days I've been here so Just getting ready for Nicaragua.  The food here is alright.  Its not the best ever but there is always an alternative for the North Americans who dont like the food.  Theres a cereal bar and a nutella and toast bar so I know how John survived. They have costco pizza every tuesday which is pretty good, and they had hamburgers earlier this week but my district has a late eating time so they always run out.

My district is nice.  There are only 8 of us and we all get along which is good.  Theres a kid in my district who went to West Jordan, Elder Nave, he played soccer.  He's who I mostly hang out with in my district.  I dont know if anyone knows him. But theyre chill.  The most fun is my zone because it gets wild.  We're having a zone volleyball tournametn later which will be a blast.  And we meet up every night at 9:20 to have a spiritual thought and then just talk.  It"s a good time.

Nothing much has happened this week.  We had orientation on thursday and fridaysaturday we watched some video on the law of chastity and then had interviews with the branch president and his assistant.  I talked to the assistand and his wife went to Bilbao Spain from 93-94 I think so Mom and Dad you might know his wife.  I'll let you know.  Sunday was awesome though.  It was fast sunday so we fasted dinner on Saturday and then breakfast on Sunday.  It was a 24 hour fast and i felt like i could fast for another 24 hours. It was awesome.  We had fast and testimony meeting and everything was in spanish.  I understand almost everything I just need to learn to speak better.  I got into a routine monday and we have study time in the morning before breakfast, then have a teacher until lunch.  His name is Hermano Palma, one of Parker Breinholts companions in the Guatemala City Central mission. He loved it Cam! After lunch we teach an investigator which is going pretty well.  We have to teach in all spanish and my companion doesnt really know any so I talk the whole time. We had a good devotional on tuesday which was a recording of Elder Holland.  And then yesterday was p day eve so I was just stoked on life the whole time.  Thanks for the donuts, they were great.  

My spanish isnt too bad, I have some latinos that live in my casa that are from Peru, Colombia, Chile, Bolivia and Mexico.  Theyre all my close homies and I play soccer with them everyday.  Just talking to them my spanish has improved sooooo much.  Whenever we play its latinos y elder hanson a gringos.  Always a good time.They leave monday though because theyre only here for 2 weeks which will be sad.  I stay up way too late talking with them everynight, and everyone in the casa has no idea what they are saying so its kind of funny.  Theyre always yelling "Hanson!"for me to come and look at something they have.  Everyone else cant undrstand anything so theyre super grateful that at least one person can kind of speak spanish.  They told me I speak spanish well, and I teach them a little english here and there.  Our casa is a "spanish only zone"according to them, so i'm getting better.  Me and Elder Nave in my district told them some complements in English and we call the north american hermanas (gringas) over and have them say things to them.  It's hilarious.

I know a ton of people here.  The first elder I saw when i got to the CCM was Elder Sperry which was awesome.  I eat lunch and stuff with him everyday.  Elder Wallace is here too, he leaves in 2 weeks.  Elder Frampton from lone peak is super nice and we all play cage soccer together which is a blast.  Theres some guy from murray named Elder Rietveld who knows Chuck Daddy which is cool.  Theres and Elder Seeborg from alta who knows a lot of my friends because he played lacrosse.  Elder Smart from East says hi to Josie and Chelsea, and I'm sure I am forgetting some people who I hang out with but its all good.

Hope everyone is doing well at home, heard BYU is doing well which makes me happy. Shout out to Isaac for scoring that winning touchdown, I liked the photo.  Nice job Eli in football.  Hope school is going well for Riley, and dance for Maddy.  Hopefully Owen doesnt get too good at Fifa while im gone, and lily doesnt grow too much. 

That all I can really think about writing right now, there isnt much that goes on here.  This was really scatterbrained but its hard to get everything in.  Sorry for the typos and everything, I have to write fast!  Hope everyone has a good week and I'll talk to you all soon. 

Love,
Elder Hanson

Mis amigos latinos

Me and Elder Sperry

Mi distrito

Me and my companion (Elder Beher)





No comments:

Post a Comment