Monday, October 20, 2014

Nicaragua!!!

Family and Friends
How is it going?? I am finally here in Nicaragua and my assingment was to Jinotepe, Las Villas.  It is a cooler area of the mission but it is still blazing hot here.  We sleep with fans on ourselves and our house is a little small but everything is going great!  I have 3 companions, its kind of weird.  The ZL's are my companions so its a little complicated.  My companions are Elder Collado from Costa Rica, Elder Hernandez from Guatemala, and Elder Kleiner from Mesa Arizona.  They are all super awesome.

I only get 45 minutes to write here so I'm going to make this super quick here.  Got to the mission home on Monday at like 10 in the morning.  We had traning all day and it was great.  We practiced some things with members at the mission home, and then went to the AP´s house which is huge and slept. 

Tuesday we went out and worked.  We woke up early and met at a chapel in San Juan and worked with the district there that day.  We studied, ate lunch, and then went out and contacted and taught.  It wasn't that bad and I wasn't too nervous so all is going well.  We went back and slept at the AP´s house again.

On Wednesday it was Reunion de Cambios.  Crazy stuff.  All went super well and I met my new companions.  They are all super cool and we´re having a great time here.  We got to our area after eating some McDonald's (which was delicious) and started working.  We placed 3 baptismal dates in my first day, I placed one of them.  She has 2 daughters that are members and her baptismal date is this Saturday.  Hopefully it all works out.  We have like 5 or 6 baptisms planned for this Saturday so we will see how many of them actually work out.

On Thursday we just went to work.  We have a couple investigators here, but they are all not really progressing so we´ve been trying to find more.  Our Zone is the lowest in baptisms and everything so we´re trying to raise everything here.

Friday the same happened.  Just study and then lessons all day.

Saturday was good, we went around to everyone and invited them to church, along with a lot of contacting.  We are still trying to get to know the area, but it is huge.

On Sunday all morning we went out and got all of our investigators to try to get them to come to church.  We got 9 to come but there were a couple that didn't show up.  Probably going to go visit them later today and machete them.

Today we just hung out.  Played ping pong and then ate pizza.  Things are awesome here and I hope all of you have a great week.  I can't load my photos now so they might have to wait until next week.  Everyone try to keep your emails short so I can read them.  Love you all!

Elder Hanson

No comments:

Post a Comment