Thursday, October 9, 2014

Conference, Jerseys, and Travel Plans

Familia y Amigos!

How's it going??  As many of you know, it's my last P Day here in the CCM.  WAHOOO!  Can't even describe how happy I am to get out of here.  It's been the longest shortest 6 weeks ever.  As much as I love/hate it here I cant wait to get out.  Anyway this week hasn't been too eventful, but I'll tell you about some of the things that happened.

First of all, I fixed my suitcase.  When I picked it up in baggage claim when I arrived, there was a HUGE crack down the side of it.  I had no idea what to do.  Turns out they had super glue here in the Tienda, which also came with this putty stuff.  I super glued the crack together and put the putty stuff over.  It's rock solid. All it has to survive is the flight to Nicaragua and then I should be fine.  I'll send a picture later.

Also, I got my travel plans!  So stoked.  I get on a bus Monday morning at 2 am and then fly out of here at 6:20.  I'm making a stop in El Salvador and then will be in Nicaragua by 9.  I'll have 2 days of training and then get to meet my Trainer.  I can't wait!!

Anyway, nothing really has happened this week.  On Friday it was a typical day, just studying and everything. Everyone was super excited for General Conference so the day went by super slow.  It has kind of cooled down here and it reminds me of Utah weather.  In the mornings there is the fall chill in the air and it felt exactly like conference at home would have felt like.  It was great because everyone was super excited for conference so there was just like a happy feeling here.

On Saturday we got to watch Conference.  It was an awesome and super spiritual day because we just pretty much watched and then had personal study time.  I'm going to share some of my favorite talks from each session.  In the morning session I really enjoyed Lynn G Robbins talk about which way we face.  This can definitely be applied in all of our lives.  In the afternoon I enjoyed Jörg Klebingat's talk about things we can do to make our lives better and be more confident before God.  I would encourage everyone to go read the 7 points he gave. In Priesthood Session I enjoyed President Uchtdorf's talk titled, "Lord is it I?"  This helped me to really think about things in my life that I need to change or get rid of.

On Sunday I went to the morning session in spanish.  I was the only white kid in the room (flashback to kindergarten) because I went with Elder Nave who isn't really white.  We had a devotional right before the session about specific prayers, how we can ask Heavenly Father for specific things and if we have faith He will give them to us.  We said a specific prayer that we would be able to understand the words of the prophets and be able to apply them to our lives.  When we walked into the room, they were playing music and the spoken word.  I kid you not, I did not understand ANY of it.  Elder Nave was the exact same way.  However, the second conference started, I understood almost all of it.  It was crazy.  Specific prayers are real and they work too.  Go read Genesis 24 to find out how to say a specific prayer if interested.  Remember "Sea pues" (let it come to pass) in your prayer, and have faith that it will happen.  Anyway my favorite talk from that session was President Eyring's about how we can receive personal revelation today.  And finally in the Sunday Afternoon I really Enjoyed M. Russel Ballard's talk about staying in the boat.  Everything was great about conference, there was so much to take in. I cant wait to review the talks and be able to learn more.

Anyway, then Monday Elder Sperry left.  He pulled through with the jerseys and I got a couple.  They're kind of cheap but what do you expect for 100 pesos.  This place is turning into a ghost town because everyone is leaving and nobody is coming.  My zone which had 6 districts when I got here and now it is down to 2 which is super boring.  We got a new district yesterday, but we leave pretty much Sunday night so it will be even more boring without us.  I also got my travel plans on Monday.  No joke it was like Christmas

Tuesday we had a devotional, it was alright.  Conference was so overwhelming it was hard to take in any more.  Wednesday was P Day eve so everyone was stoked, but it was just normal studying.  My teacher tells us awesome stories from his mission that just make me even more excited to get out into the field.  I'm ready.

I hope everyone has a great week.  I am going to get to email again on Saturday but probably won't send a group email out.  You all might not hear from me for another 9 days after that, because my P day will be Monday.  Thanks for all of the love, prayers, and emails.  Talk to you soon!

Elder Hanson

Christmas!!


La Cancha


My awesome suitcase fix


Jersey selfie


Me & Elder Nave



No comments:

Post a Comment